Thursday 8 December 2011

Yes, IWriter Is Good for Freelance Writers

When it comes to a freelance writing, iWriter.com is a great place for writers to find work. Find out why my iWriter.com review is a highly positive one.

Writers can log in to the site, select one topic from the dozens available and get paid for good work in a matter of maximum 72 hours. I have been with iWriter.com for the past 6 weeks and I love the site.

First my experience. I have got two payments from iWriter.com as follows:

First payment - $48.13 (three weeks after joining the site)
Second payment - $75.70 (two weeks after the first payment)

The second payment got just bigger because I got 'ELITE' status after my first 31 articles. Would reach there if one of my articles was not rejected and given a one-star rating by the requester.

As a basic writer, you qualify only for $2.58 per 500 words you write. I see several $2.58 in my account. However, once I became an elite writer, the payments are $6.48, $5.67, or $8.10 per article. I now can write an article in less than one hour. An extra $5 or $8 for otherwise wasted hours is a good thing for me.

I have a full time job and I don't plan to take up writing as my main source of income. The numbers may not look big, but I still love the extra money.

Starting Out
Initially, I was a little wary of using the site and writing for others. The requesters can reject your articles without citing any reason at all (it happened to me once). I accept it as part of the game. However, I don't write for anyone who rejects more articles than he accepts. Such people are not worth your time and they will pull your ratings down for no mistake of your own.

Hands on Experience
After writing four-five articles (every one getting a five-star rating) a requester hired me to write several articles. He liked my writing style very much. I could write without worrying about rejections. This guy gave me lavish tips too - $3 as tip for an article that paid me only $2.58. I feel lucky finding this requester.

Rejection
Till date, I have only one rejection. The requester said I used a brandname in the article. I still resent the rejection because I can't find any brand name in the article I gave him. I wrote for this requester because I saw him approving most of the articles. I may be just unlucky. Anyway, seeing a one-star rating for an article I thought worth at least 4 stars was very shocking.

Elite Status
It took me only 31 articles to reach the elite status. The several five star ratings I got helped. Then I saw requesters willing to pay up to $20 per article. I was quite apprehensive taking such high paying articles. However, all my articles are accepted. These high paying requesters are also more pleasant to work with. They give you detailed feedback when they take a point away from you. They also don't seem to reject articles for invented brand names in the articles.

Will I use iWriter.com in the Future?
Yes. Definitely. Now it is more than a nice side income. I don't have many hobbies. I think I can make writing as my hobby or passtime activity. The payments are just a bonus.

Sure, there are other people who don't like iWriter because the payments appear low. Everyone has his/her own reasons to love or hate anybody and anything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment